The interaction between cyclist and their bike is highly complex and influenced by many variables. There is an optimal set up to achieve the ideal biomechanical and aerodynamic position for the type of riding that you do. Our bike fit service, undertaken by trained physiotherapists aims to fit you to the bike to achieve this or to fit the bike to you to accommodate injury, reduced flexibility or just to make your riding a little more comfortable. This enables us to achieve the optimal balance between performance, comfort and injury prevention.
What is involved in a bike fit?
- Pre analysis interview to assess your needs, goals and previous injuries.
- Thorough musculoskeletal screening to assess weaknesses, restrictions and potential problems which may effect the final set up of the bike. You will also be provided with an home program to improve riding efficiency and to minimise injury risk.
- Video analysis of your riding position, pre and post any adjustments made to the bike.
- You will be provided with a post assessment report, outlining the assessment findings, any adjustments made and suggestions for ongoing rehab exercises needed to improve mechanics and decrease injury risk.
- Your bike
- Comfortable clothing
- Your bike shoes
- Any applicable medical reports, scans etc
Contact the practice today to make a booking and get on your way to better health.